Sunday, December 30, 2012

Review: Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Lipsticks

Greetings from the Dark Side!

Wet n Wild fans might be  excited to see this new extensive collecction in collaboration with Fergie. The range includes various new lipsticks, eyeshadow palettes, gel liners, mascara, eyeshadow primer, and nail polishes. Let me focus on a three of the lipsticks and give you some idea of the quality of these new products.


Price and Availability
These were $3.49 each, more expensive than the usual Wet n Wild lipsticks that are $1.99. I found this collection at Walgreens, but I hope this will be available in most drugstores that sell Wet n Wild.

Packaging
The packaging of these are similar to the other range of Wet n Wild lipsticks, but they are noticeably sleeker and better-looking. They are a little bigger and don't feel as cheaply made as the other range. I really like the sleek silver tube and the Fergie label on the lipstick. These small details have made these a huge improvement from the older $1.99 range

Colors and Swatches
 The Fergie range of lipsticks has a nice variety. I saw reds, pinks, nudes, plums, and even an orange. I think almost everyone will find at least one color they like.  I choose V.I.Pink, Ferguson Crest Cabernet, and Saraghina. 



Review
I am happy to say that this new range has a spectacular formula. I love the Wet n Wild lipsticks, and these have an identical, if not slightly better, formula. They are VERY pigmented. The swatches above are only once swipe! Not only that, but they glide on smoothly. The one and only actual difference I have noted between the Fergie range and the older Wet n Wild lipstick range is that the Fergie lipsticks are not as matte. They apply like mattes (high pigmentation and long wear time) but they have a slight glossy finish. I think people will be happy with this because I know some people do not like the "dryness" of the Wet n Wild lipsticks. I find that the slight glossiness makes these easier to apply and easier to wear. The wear of these lipsticks is a little less than with the more matte Wet n Wild lipsticks (about 4-5 hours). Overall, I am very pleased. 

Although, if you have Sugar Plum Fairy from the Wet n Wild lipsticks, you should probably skip on Ferguson Crest Cabernet because they are basically the same color. I was a little ticked off by this since I think they should have made the color at least a little different than Sugar Plum Fairy >_<"


9 comments:

  1. Oooh, Saraghina looks like the perfect red for the poster girl look. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually wasn't really interested in these, but after seeing your review........ Now I want to pick some up!! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  3. the color really pretty. haha me too, >< its so tempting to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I like the color: "Ferguson Crest Cabernet"
    Come to me. :) I hope for mutual comment :)
    http://prettykattyhouse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just picked two of these up today. I have not touched them yet. I'm so happy to see the gorgeous pigmentation! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fell in love with your blog just by looking at your header! Love your page :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have Bebot Love & on my extremely warm medium/dark toned skin, it is the perfect nude. i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^