Monday, December 3, 2012

November Hits and Misses 2012

December is upon us already! How fast this month has passed!~

I've been trying out a lot of new products this month, so a lot of this month's favorites are older products I use in my daily makeup routine.

HITS



1. L'oreal Voluminous Eyeliner Pen
This was a recent purchase, but I've been enjoying it very much. It is different from the usual liners I use. It is a thicker, angled pen eyeliner, quite the opposite from the usual thin brush eyeliner. It is not the best eyeliner in the world, but it is easy to use and great for everyday.
2.Australis Color Inject Lip Gloss in 'Disco'
This was sent to me by Suzanne a while ago, and I am so glad she sent it to me. Australis lip glosses are the best lip glosses I have ever used in my life! They are semi-sheer, but they are glossy, smell great, and are not sticky at all. This smells so amazing! Like tropical fruits! The color is a sheer mandarin that goes very well on its own and over oranges and nudes.
3.Jemma Kidd 'English Rose' Lipstick
This, along side Lime Crime's Coquette, is my favorite nude lipstick. I have gotten a lot of use out of it lately since it pairs very well for everyday/work friendly looks. I especially love this paired with the Australis lip gloss.
4. Wet n Wild 'Vanity' Palette
I am sad that I was not able to get a back up of this. These were discontinued but they still are available in some stores. I just love this for everyday. It has three matte and three shimmery neutral colors and you can combine them 
5.MAC 'Painterly' Paint Pot
A goodie, but an oldie. This has been in my makeup collection for a while and I always come back to it. It is a fantastic eyeshadow base and it neutralizes any redness on my eyelids. I just love it!


6. Kat Von D Tattoo Lock It Foundation
This is my favorite foundation at the moment. This is an incredible product, one of the best foundations I have tried. It is full coverage but it does not look at all cakey! Not just that but it is neither matte or too glowy so it offers the perfect finish for me.
7. MAC 'Eversun' Blush
One of my all-time favorite blushes and one of my first MAC purchases ever. I just really like this and I use it all the time! I talk about it often and it is a shame that it is always a limited edition blush. Albeit, I've had this for a long time, use it all the time, and I have only barely made a small dent in the blush.


8. Pumpkin & Poppy 'Lady of Light' Cream Highlighter
I've already  talked plenty about this highlighter, but it continues to amaze me. It is vegan, cruelty-free, hand-made, and inspired by Lord of the Rings? What more can I want? The product itself is amazing, and I much prefer to some of my more expensive products. I have a review for this HERE.
9. Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9 
I mentioned this product in a First Impression post, and be sure I will talk about it in more detail in an upcoming skin care post. This has really change my skin for the better. I feel like I can go out with no foundation now, without being self-conscious of my skin. This really is a fantastic product!

 MISSES

1. Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede 'Front Row' Lipstick
This is part of the new line of lipsticks released from Revlon. I bought this color because it looked wearable and pretty, and well I love Revlon lip products so I thought I was in good hands. I was very wrong! First of all, this smells terrible! It smells like a hit of something fruity mixed with something rotten and puke-inducing. Bleh! and although I like the color, it is much too frosty and looks terrible on my lips. This color also applied very streaky on my lips and it just does not look good what-so-ever! It was quite pricey for what it was too. 
I can't judge the whole line of Suede Lipsticks based only on this shade, to be fair. But I cannot recommend this color at all. I can do a proper review before I return it (I will be returning it! This shitty thing was worth $10).
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
I am sure I have mentioned what a hard time I have finding good powders. This was one of my attempts at finding a powder that would mattify but not make my face look cakey. This does not make my face cakey and is in fact very lightweight and smooth. But alas, it also does not mattify my skin at all. I've heard many good things about this powder and it is fairly inexpensive so I though I'd give it a try. It sets my makeup and makes my skin matte for a couple of minutes only. Really, no joke. In the course of the day, I could apply this a bunch of times and it won't do much. That is saying something because I don't have incredibly oily skin! As you can see from the photo of the powder, it also shattered completely, so it is not likely that I will be keeping it. I think it is time to move onto another powder. Any recommendations? :)



I hope you spent November wonderfully! Let see what December brings :)
Thank you for reading ♥ 
See you next time!

9 comments:

  1. thats too bad about the revlon lipstick! almost every review of them i've seen or read has been bad.

    jenxxhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That is interesting to know! I think I'll check some other reviews of them :)

      Delete
  2. I love Painterly paint pot! It's such a great base. And yeah, I totally agree - Stay Matte is just terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Wohoo! That's great that you think the same of PP~
      As for the Rimmel Stay Matte...well hopefully we will have better look with something else!

      Delete
  3. OMG I've been wondering about Eversun blush, I always see it at the CCO!! Yay, will be picking it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is a fantastic terracotta blush! I thought it wouldn't look good on me since I am so pale, but it works amazingly as a contour/bronzer shade or as a darker blush for me.

      Delete
  4. Have you tried the Kryolan Anti Shine powder? Its the only powder that works to control my crazy oily skin. It keeps me matte without looking flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no I have not! But I've heard some good things about it~ Thanks for the rec! :D

      Delete
  5. That Rimmel powder is one of the few that does mattify my skin! I wish I could say I have a suggestion but I have been really unimpressed with powders lately :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^