Monday, April 2, 2012

FOTD: Modern Twiggy

Happy Monday!
Well, not so happy for me. My spring break has gone and passed, and I am starting a new quarter. I already know my classes will be intense since I have a load of classes heavy on theory (ew). But I will still be posting regularly of course! If for any reason I am super busy, I will make sure to tell you guys :D

But of course, we are here for makeup! This is my rendition of Twiggy's look. I went for a pastel blue, but you can use any color you want. This was so much fun to do and I really hope you gals love it too!




Products Used
-ELF Eyelid Primer
-Lime Crime ChinaDoll Palette (Parasol and Lotus Noir)
-Victorian Disco Cosmetics 'Evenstar' and 'Lorien'
-Dolly Wink liquid liner
-Urban Decay 'Perversion' pencil liner
-Maybelline Illegal Length mascara
-KKCenterhk ES A598 Lashes


How I Achieved This Look
This look is super easy, but it can also be very easy to mess it up. 
1. Apply eye primer.
2. Pat on a sky blue eyeshadow. I used a matte shade but you don't have to.
3. Apply 'Evenstar', which is a light blue with a green/turquoise duo-chrome on top of the matte blue. I also applied 'Lorien' in the inner corner.
4. With a small brush, make a defined Twiggy-like crease with a matte black eyeshadow. The hardest part of this look is to make both eyes have an even and similar crease.
5. Apply a generous amount of black liner on the lash line and pencil liner on the waterline.
6.Lasly, apply coats of mascara and some falsies. I am keeping this more modern and skipping the very defined lower lash line. 



Sorry for my crappy skin in these pictures. I wasn't wearing foundation because I was letting my skin rest so you can see all my acne scars and such.



Thanks for tuning in ♥


17 comments:

  1. I really don't think anyone does bright and creative looks like you Nancy. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous way to update that iconic look! me likey

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blue, too amazing. o: I always love your looks. You should have clumped your eyelashes together, to really bring across the twiggy style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you can definitely do the lash clumping. I didn't because I wanted to make the look more modern~ :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!! I love these kinds of looks. Love the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your interpretation of this! The eyeline is so bold but you pull it off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgeee I love your take on Twiggy!!! It's very sexy and also very Nancy!!! p. s. I have my own version of mod 60's coming up in tmrw's post :)) I took my pix earlier today :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you sweetie! Can't wait to see yours~ <3

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous. I love the crease colour you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^