Monday, April 30, 2012

A Song of Ice and Fire Series

I ♥ the series A Song of Fire and Ice. I read the first book, A Game of Thrones, about two years ago, but I didn't have the money to buy the next books. When I did manage to buy the books, I started to read it again and I am still eager to keep reading. I simply love the characters. Tyrion is still one of my favorites though!
Because I am reading it and because I love the series, why not take the opportunity to make a series out of it? Right now, I am planning on doing looks based on the Houses, their sigils, and their Coat of Arms. This way I can enjoy the books and my makeup together! To kickoff the series, I made a look based on the title and the overall theme of the books (so far anyways!). Ice and fire; north and south; Starks and Lannisters.

 A Song of Ice and Fire Look



Products Used
-Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
-Fyrinnae 'Anemone'
-Shiro Cosmetics 'Bubblebeam' and 'Ganondorf'
-Victorian Disco 'Garnet'
-Lise Watier 'Sunshine' glitter liner
-UD 24/7 Pencil Liner 'Perversion'
-Maybelline Illegal Length mascara
-KKCernterhk ES A88 Lashes
-Skin79 Oriental Gold BB Cream
-MAC 'Whisper of Gilt' highlighter
-Illamasqua 'Hollow' Cream Pigment (contour)
-Revlon 'Crystal Lilac' lip gloss
Tutorial 

1. On your primed lid, take Anemone on a flat brush (MAC 239) and apply it on the lid.
(I just applied it in the inner half, but I suggest applying it on the entire lid)

2. Then, with a crease brush (ELF Contour Brush) apply Bubblebeam on the entire crease. Taper the color outwards.

3. Apply a glitter liner. I used a Lise Watier liner in Sunshine, but any glitter liner will work just fine.
Then, apply a black pencil liner on the waterline and wing it out a bit.

4. With a small brush (Tokidoki brush) apply Ganondorf, a very dark red, on the lower lash line and on the wing that we made with the black pencil liner. Extend the dark red to the inner corner as well.

5. Take any fluffy brush (ELF Contour Brush) and apply Garnet, a bright copper toned red,just below Ganondorf. Really work in the color on the edge of the dark red.

 6. Apply mascara, and you if you want apply falsies.

Final Look


My left eye, from different lighting. 


 Do you like my nails? They unintentionally matched my makeup and my shirt :)
 It is RBL Aqua Lily and IKB:2012. Inspired by THIS.



Hope you like it :) If you have any requests for this series, leave them down below in the comments.


*All intellectual property mentioned in this post is the property of George R.R. Martin

18 comments:

  1. The glitter liner really makes the whole look complete, IMO. :D It's so sparkly yet subtle at the same time (if that's even possible; it's the only way i can describe it haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I totally know what you mean~ I also felt the same ^_^

      Delete
  2. This is SOOO pretty Nancy! I love the blue and brown eyeshadow together, and that glitter eyeline is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you <3
      I love the glitter liner. Its not something I usually use!

      Delete
  3. so cool~ I love the color combination :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! What a great idea for a makeup series, too. I've almost finished book one and I agree: Tyrion is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought it would be interesting :) Yes he is!

      Delete
  5. The colors and the glitter compliment each other so well and they look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful colour.

    From Paris with love!
    Kristina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the look so much, the glitter is a great pop. the nails are fab too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vonnie <3
      Good to see that you all like it!

      Delete
  8. pretty! what a great idea for a series! I like tyrion myself, but i'm also a secret fan of Danaerys (sp), too :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay me too!!!
      When I first read the first book, I disliked Cat and Sansa!

      Delete
  9. I love this look! It's really pretty!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I found it! I adore this look and I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^