Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Lipstick Compendium: Lime Crime 'Candy Apple' Carousel Gloss

Not too long ago, I ventured into the semi-new Lime Crime glosses. I was not sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised by the alluring red gloss that is Candy Apple. If ever I saw a glam red lip product, it is this. But see for yourself!





 Price and Availability
Each gloss is $16.99 and can be found on the Lime Crime website

Applicator
It should be noted that these glosses don't have a typical doe foot applicator. It is more of a brush applicator. The brush makes it easier for precise application but it can also make the process of application longer. 


Swatches
 Candy Apple is a bright red with bright red glitter particles.








Bare lips:

With Candy Apple:

I was wearing this lip gloss when I did my World of Warcraft For The Horde look.


Review
 Of the two LC glosses that I own, I am surprised to see that this red one is my favorite. It is absolutely stunning on the lips!! The glitter makes this so beautiful and glamorous. I can already picture wearing this for the holidays! My favorite thing is that you can't feel the glitter at all. Sometimes glosses with glitter can be gritty, but this is not. The gloss leans to the sticky side rather than the creamy, but it is not really too sticky. It is sticky enough to make this a long wearing gloss, but not too sticky that your lips stick together oddly.
The biggest downside for me about this is the price. $17 is not too bad compared to high end brands, but I wish it would have been a couple dollars cheaper. I do really love this gloss, enough to repurchase it in the future.
Candy Apple is absolutely perfect, but beware because the color Kaleidoscope actually makes my lips very dry. Thought I would mention that as a precaution.

Rating: 9.5/10

Would you wear this glam red gloss?

8 comments:

  1. I need that red gloss in my life! Thanks for the swatches! I have the gold one and love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are super pigmented!! Candy Apple looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, they colours are intense. Candy apple looks great on you. I prefer brush applicators on lipglosses than the typical doe foot applicators, it gives a even application.

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I definitely like the brush applicator, especially for these super pigmented lip glosses!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^