Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Products I Regret Buying #2

I've noticed that I don't talk much about products I have disliked. This is mostly because I don't tend to keep products that I don't like. If you read my Regrets #1 post, you can see some of my earlier regrets. Here are some new found regrets! Let's all have some fun and bad mouth some makeup products ;D

1.NARS Lip Lacquers ($24)
I have owned three of these: Chelsea Girls, Hot Wired and another which I cannot remember the name of. First of all, this isn't a complete regret. It is a great product. The colors were lovely, they went on really nicely too. Here are the problems with this product though. It came in a pot, which meas you either have to apply it with a brush or your fingers. That can be inconvenient for touch ups. Secondly, it was a little thick; you had to apply the product sparingly or else you could get a super thick layer of product. It could also be sticky, which I personally don't like. But the main reason why I did not like this, and why I regret buying it, is that in about two months, it started to smell absolutely disgusting. I could not bare to apply it on my lips, the smell was just too strong. After some months of not using these I decided to throw them out. Money wasted :(

2. NARS Lip Glosses ($24)
Linked with my first regret, there is also NARS lip glosses. I have owned a few of these in my time, and there is a reason why I don't buy them anymore. Like the lip lacquers, they would start to smell horrendously. The lip glosses seemed to smell badly even faster than the lip lacquers, which is a shame because they were truly beautiful colors. They are also quite pricey, and I expected better from such a great brand.

3. Jason Aloe Vera Gel (~$9)
You might remember that I mentioned this a couple of months ago. I was looking for a aloe vera gel, and I stumbled upon this one. Not a good idea...it left my face RED. It was red for a couple of days, it was really terrible. I have never had a reaction to any products before, so this was incredibly surprising. It's safe to say I am never buying it again.

4. Viktor Rolf Flowerbomb perfume (Travel size $25)
A lot of you may be surprised by this regret. I while ago I purchased a travel size perfume at Sephora because I had head great things about it. I also loved how it smelled. But once I apply it, the smell is overwhelming! I usually only apply one dab and that is enough to make me nauseous all day. Such a shame, really. It is a lovely scent in the bottle.

5. Lime Crime Magic Dust Eyeshadows in 'Empress' and 'Twilight'
You guys know I love Lime Crime, but these two eyeshadows are a huge disappointment. They are pretty, yes, but they are sheer and I can never build up the color well. It makes me sad, because they look so beautiful in the jar. I am not sure if these are older formulations, but these are the only colors out of all my Magic Dusts that I have a problem with. Either ways, I don't recommend them from my experience.
In the swatches, they look good, but they don't look the same once applied to the eye lid.


Hope you enjoyed the post :) Thank you all for reading~
I would love to hear what products you have hated ;) Haha. Somehow, it feels weird to talk about the crappy products out there. Yet it feels refreshing!

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I've had Nars lipglosses for awhile and I thought I was the only one who noticed it. For such an expensive lipgloss, I expected better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how perfumes can smell so different on than in the bottle...or even on another person! Something to do with each person's body chemistry I think. I've had more than one sad experience where an amazing scent turned into something horrific on e applied to my skin--lesson learned, never buy a perfume without getting a sample vial first. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I've never tried any of these products, but I'll keep them in mind if I ever find myself in a position to purchase them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was dying to try Nars glosses, but if they smell bad I rather not.... :s

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't actually noticed the smell of the NARS lipglosses and I own quite a few of them! I guess I just don't really pay attention to it :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the warning about those two Lime Crime shades! I've always wanted to try NARS glosses, but this isn't the first time I've heard that they smell bad. I can't deal with stinky lippies; I can't even wear any by Anna Sui because their particular floral scent makes me nauseous. Not unlike Flower Bomb! Which I also love but find I can't apply sparingly enough. The only thing that really surprises me here is the aloe gel gave you a reaction - I've never heard of that happening with aloe before. I wonder if it's a dud/contaminated?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just own one NARS lipgloss and have had it for a couple of years... haven't whipped it out to see if it smells, though. D: Maybe I should...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a shame about Empress - it looks so pretty!

    I know exactly what you're talking about re: Flowerbomb. I had a similar experience with MJ's Daisy. Smelt it and loved it, but when I bought it and started wearing it, it made me wanna die. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^