Saturday, April 14, 2012

Unbound Eden Cosmetics Review: Tamriel Collection

Elder Scrolls collection anyone? Yup, that's right. An Elder Scrolls eyeshadow collection named Tamriel, named after the continent where the Elder Scrolls take place. This is seriously a majorly geek collection! Also, these are 100% vegan, cruelty, talc and paraben free cosmetics.

Laura, the owner of Unbound Eden Cosmetics, was so kind to send me samples of a few of the colors from the collection. She sent me: Cicero, Wabbajack, Azura's Star, Skooma, and Nirnroot.



Price and Availability
These are available on the Unbound Eden Cosmetics Etsy store
They are $8 for a 1.5-2 oz amount of eyeshadow.
You can the Facebook page for more information.


 Swatches + Colors
*Swatched with a damp brush

Cicero - dark, brown-toned maroon. Inspired by the character Cicero, from the Dark Brotherhood quest. Cicero is the Night Mother's keeper, and was by the far the weirdest and most annoying character from Skyrim! The color is reminiscent of Cicero's jester outfit which was a dark, maroon shade.

 Wabbajack - red-toned brown/green duo chrome. This color is named after the Daedric artifact Wabbajack, the staff that can change an enemy into a random creature. It is one of my favorite weapons because it is random and cool. The name suits the color because it is rather weird and cool, just like the staff  :D

Azura's Star - a very dark forest green. Azura's Star is a Daedric Artifact that acts as a soul gem. In Skyrim, the artifact is a green/blue color, so perhaps the color was inspired by that.

Skooma - frosty lilac-toned pink with silver sparkles. Skooma is a highly addictive narcotic made from Moonsugar.
Add caption

Nirnroot- pale, frosty minty green. Nirnroot is a glowing plant that grows in water and makes a chiming noise. It is a green color, and at night it has a pale green glow, which looks a lot like the eyeshadow.


Product Review
Besides the fact that this collection is awesome because it is based on the Elder Scrolls, I think it was very well made. The colors were carefully named. The colors went really well with the names; the names weren't just randomly picked. 
As far as the pigmentation and texture of the colors, it was fantastic. Cicero and Azura's Star were very pigmented and they could also be sheered out for a subtler look. Wabbajack and Skooma were also very nicely pigmented, and was a very buildable shades. Nirnroot was the sheerest of all. It took a little more effort to get it to be opaque. All the colors were very smooth and easy to apply. 
I did get some fallout with these when I was not careful in applying them. They are loose shadows so there is a risk of getting fallout. 



Rating: 9.5/10

I will have some looks using these colors :D

8 comments:

  1. I love Unbound :) I have been thinking of doing a swap with Laura for awhile, she actually lives about 5 miles away from me. YAY Indie company buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH! I love Unbound ^_^! I have been thinking of doing a swap with her for some stuff because not only are her colors gorgeous but she literally lives 5 miles away from me xD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shades in this collection is very pretty. I especially like Azura's Star and Cicero, despite him being an annoying character lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Cicero was my favorite! I dressed up my Dunmer in the extra jester's clothes and we traveled together for half of the game! I couldn't marry him so we were just demented best friends. He's so funny! :D

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous shades - Love the duo chrome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Nancy! :D I am super pleased with the near perfect grade. I'm very happy you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colours. I've never heard of this brand before!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^