Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Lipstick Compendium: MAC 'Vegas Volt' Lipstick

 Price and Availability 
This is part of the permanent MAC collection and costs $14.50. You can also B2M for this, much like I did.

Vegas Volt is creamy bright, yet muted, coral lipstick. It is an Amplified Creme lipstick, meaning it is creamy and pigmented. The texture is smooth, and unlike other lipsticks it doesn't emphasize or cling to dry areas.

Review
I have wanted this lipstick for a long time. I finally was able to Back 2 MAC for it. I was surprised at how creamy and smooth the formula is. I forgot that this is an Amplified Creme, which is one of my favorite MAC finishes. Besides the formula, the color is really nice! I thought it was going to be much brighter, but it is actually oddly wearable for a bright coral. I find that this is a very nice shade across different skin tones. I made two of my friends wear it and it looked great on both of them. Universal shade of coral? Perhaps. I really love it, and I am so glad I finally decided to get it. Might be a great alternative for those of you who are scared to wear orange lipsticks. This will be a more wearable shade than colors like Morange.
The only thing that I have disliked about the lipstick is that sometimes it can make me look very yellow. If I don't wear blush or eye makeup that compliments the lipstick, my skin tone can look a little more yellow than usual, which can then make me look a bit pasty and sick. This has only happened once, but I would be weary of that is you are pale like me. Other than that, it is fabulous!~

Swatches

Bare lips:

With Vegas Volt:

Rating: 9.5/10
(it would have been 10/10 if I had not had that one bad experience with the lippie!)

Do you own this shade? Or have you tried any other fabulous coral lipsticks for spring/summer?

11 comments:

  1. I love this lipstick! & also B2M for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shade, looks pretty on your lips!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very similar on me - the husband says it's orange, not coral :P I love the texture of it, too <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this looks fantastic on you, Nancy! LOVE the bright orange red look for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome coral shade! I don't know if coral lipstick suits me:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own and love this lipstick! Though it runs a bit more neon/bright on my lips. I still want Morange, though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this shade is so beuatiful!! and creamy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vegas Volt is gorgeous! Been wearing YSL GL 8 a lot lately although Revlon Siren is a close second :)

    Re Laduree: Mine was a CP from Japan but I know its available at imomoko.com and ichibanko. It's quite a bit more expensive on there though :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Vegas Volt!! Too bad it didn't work out for you though...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^