Sunday, April 29, 2012

Review + Comparison: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner 'Perversion'

Well, hello there!
I thought I would finish off this week with a product review. If you've seen my latest eye looks, you might see that I have been using my Urban Decay Perversion liner quite often. I haven't had it for that long, a moth at most. Here are my thoughts on it so far...



Price and Availability
 $19.00.
Can be purchased at Sephora, Urban Decay online, Ulta, and anywhere UD is sold. 

Review

I have used Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liners before, and I think they are fantastic. I have used their normal black, Zero, before as well, and it was one of the best pencil liners I have used. The only thing that has held me back from purchasing these 24/7 pencil liners is the price. $19 for one pencil liner seems like a lot to me. But time and time again, I always give up and buy them anyways because I can never find a drugstore black liner that will stay on my waterline without smudging. Perversion is buttery smooth, and it glides on without any tug or pull. The best thing is that it actually stays put on my waterline/lower lash line without making me look like a raccoon an hour later. Although this stays put, it is actually really easy to smudge out if that is what you want. You have seen me use this smudged as a base for eyeshadows, and it works really great.
The main reason why I chose this over Zero is because Perversion isn't just black, it's BLACK. It is the darkest black liner I have ever come across. It is just perfect for dark smokey or gothic looks. 
The only gripe I have with this is the price. Yes, it could be more expensive, but I wish it was cheaper :(

Rating: 9.5/10 (-.5 for price)

Swatches + Comparison

Here is a swatch of Perversion next to the only other black pencil liner I have, Dolly Wink Pencil Liner in Black.

One swatch:
Look at how black Perversion is! The color is even, compared to how the Dolly Wink one is a little patchy.

Smudged with a small brush:
DW does not smudge well. Smudging diminishes most of the color, while Perversion smudges rather well and it still retains it's darkness.

Dolly Wink pencil liner is not much cheaper than UD liners, so I would definitely rather buy Perversion. I have heard Milani makes a great black liner, maybe I will try that one next. If you have any suggestions for a cheaper alternative to this liner, I would love to know! Thank you ♥


3 comments:

  1. I've been eying this up for a while! "Zero" just isn't black enough and I'll always revert back to liquid liner! Even on the bottom, which can be a pain to apply haha :')
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i broke down and bought it too.....amazing liner! so dark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the UD Pencil liner in Zero too! Perversion looks nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^